Jones House diagram

S.N. Cutler owned quite a bit of property in Jasper. In later years, his son G.R. went into the business with him. They owned the furniture store, tan bark shed, scale shed and corn crib. The ice house was out back of the furniture store. A park ran behind that — with is the area that goes back to where Elsie Carson’s Community Church begins, then around the foot of the hill past the Marquis house (which is where I remember Hobart Crabtree lived). The ice house was behind the furniture store. Ice was cut from the canal in winter and put in chests lined with sawdust between two walls of wood. This ice was used to keep drinks and meat cool until refrigeration was invented.

G.R. Cutler also owned the hill behind the Methodist church, almost to where the Jasper to Piketon bridge was across the Scioto River.

S.N. Cutler’s third wife was Kittie Rogers 28 years old and he was 52. They had four daughters — Mabel who became a Willson, Helen married a Chesnut, and Phila and Grace Cutler. They lived in Jasper all their married life. Their home was open and all were always welcomed. They entertained all the Methodist ministers. S.N. Cutler was superintendent of the Sunday School and served the church for years. He was always interested in the activities of the church and was so kind to all of his grandchildren who appreciated their grandparents’ open hospitality — according to the Cutler girls. S.N. died in 1912 and was buried at the Mound Cemetery south of Piketon. He was 87. Kitty died April 17, 1915 at the age of 68 and was buried beside him.

S.N.’s son, Harry, was born in the Cutler house in 1868, 11 years after his brother G.R.

One of S.N.’s granddaughters was Flora Belle who married John Dewey. Remember the big store in Jasper? They lived across the canal from the Cutler store. They had four children — Ruth married Fred Barger; one — Maybell, who married Mack Miles, who had the meat market-butcher shop in Piketon that I asked for information about in an April article. Mack also owned a farm just south of the Pike County line on U.S. 23.

S.N. had the store at Jasper until 1907-08. It burned early one morning years later — by su
spected arson.

From Jim Henry's 6 July 2015 Pike's Past in the Pike Counity News Watchman

Dawson's Store in Jasper, Ohio in 1959   pictured L to R Clarabell Williams, ?, Mary and Arthur Dawson.

Deweys Store at Jasper

Here is the batting averages of the Jasper Blue Skins:

Player                                   G              AB             R              B                 Aver.

Sherrit............................      2                 8              2              5                  .625

Stewart..........................      1                 2               1              1                  .500

F.Swiger.........................      9               35             10            15                 .428

J. Lucas..........................      9                31              8             13                 .403

P. Dewey......................       9                28              9             11                 .392

D. Crabtree..................       1                  4              1               1                 .250

O. Vulgamore..............       7                26              2               6                 .230

B. Lucas.......................       9                 32              8               7                 .219

McCoy.........................        6                23              6                4                .173

McGowan...................        9                27              4                5                .148

Bailey.........................         9                29              6                4                .137 

W. Vulgamore...........         7               25              0                 2                .080

McFarland.................         2                 6              2                 0                .000

Wilson.......................         1                 3              1                 0                 .000

Ware.........................          1                2                0               0                  .000


From early 1900's

Please email additions or corrections to hladvertising@hotmail.com.

Or mail to Waverly City Guide, 455 Hay Hollow Road, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601

Jasper School First Grade class taken 16 October 1923.

The teacher is Mrs. Nora Vulgamore, affectingly called "Miss Dimp" throughout her long career of teaching at Jasper. Students left to right are: Scott Bay, Sarah Slagle, Frances Cutler, Janet Brown, Ercil Baker, and Floyd Newton.

Canal Basin South edge of Jasper 

Ohio & Erie Canal at Jasper 12 Nov 1916 

Snow covered the roofs and flood waters of the Scioto River were everywhere when this picture was taken 25 January 1937 at Jasper, Ohio. The big two story building was Dewey's Store. Picture was taken by the late Bill Blazer, an employee of Dewey's.

Picture from the Jim Henry collection

General Morgan slept overnight in this farmhouse located on the Beaver Pike.

Photo by A. S. Keechle
Mary Clay of Chillicothe, Ohio submitted a claim to the Pike County Probate Court in 1872, asking for reparations of $130 for a horse used by the militia in Pike County to repel Morgan's Raiders. Here is a few tid bits: 12th President of the united states (1849-1850), Zachary Taylor's two younger nephews rode with Morgan. Free Negroes tried to enlist at the beginning of the War, and in September 1862 a temporary "black brigade" was raised in Cincinnati, without weapons and uniforms, to combat Morgan's raiders. Here is an interesting report concerning Morgan's Raiders after passing through Pike Co. The following is an excerpt from Miseal Deaver and his Descendants, by Lester Granville Holcombe, pages 43 and 44. Mr. Holcombe was the son of Charles Wesley Holcomb, and grandson of George Reed Holcomb. George Reed Holcomb bought 80 a. of land from Joe Hansley who had acquired it as a land grant for services in the Revolutionary War. This farm lay to the east of Rt. 87 between Deer Run Crossing and Sayre, Ohio . George and Martha began housekeeping there when married, and all their children except the youngest, Elliot, were born there. A few years prior to the Civil War, he sold this property to J. H. Davis who later became a casualty in the battle of Shiloh . He was nicknamed "Peg Leg" Davis.   George and Martha then bought a farm on the Zanesville-Athens Post road, a few hundred yards north of the crossing of the Marietta-Somerset Post road, two an a half miles southwest of Sayre from Seth Bullock. Their holdings were later increased to174 a. One acre was occupied by the district school #5, known as Breece School. Gen. Morgan's Confederate Raiders passed that way on the evening of July 22, 1863 . George and Martha, driving their only horse, had left just ahead of the advance guard of the Raiders. They were going to his father's home where one of their children was ill. (Poster's note: Their two daughters, Electa Corrine and Susannah Hoover, died July 10th and 12th 1863, perhaps from the same illness.) They left the ridge road only a few minutes before the Raiders passed, otherwise their only horse would have been confiscated. When the Raiders arrived at the farm, the boys had just finished churning. They dropped everything and ran out front to see the Raiders, who soon checked the barn for horses, consumed the butter and milk, and a batch of newly baked bread left to cool in the kitchen. After searching the place for fresh horses, they were loading their mounts with hay and corn when the officers of the main group arrived. The order was to move on immediately as the pursuing Union Army was only six hours away. The soldiers were exhausted and some slept in their saddles. They passed to the northeast through Porterville and camped for the night on the John Weaver farm in Deerfield Twp., Morgan Co. During the setting up of camp, an officer with a beard and mustache swung from his mount to the ground and with the cramped gait of one long in the saddle, went to the house door where Weaver and his family stood, fear and astonishment written on their faces. "We are putting a guard around your house," the officer said. "You and your family will not be molested, but you must not come out until we are gone." The officer entered the house and going to a bedroom, pulled the straw tick from the bed and dropped it on the floor. He threw himself upon it and at once fell asleep. The officer was John Morgan, General of Cavalry, Confederate States of America; the ragged young troopers that surrounded the house and camped in the yard and fields were the renown "Morgan's Raiders." Some of Morgan's Raiders tried to flee through Lawrence County. Information from 1990 edition of "HISTORY OF LAWRENCE COUNTY OHIO" page 45. (July 1863) Two hostages, were taken Thomas C. Tagg and Thomas Higgins local residents of the Sand Fork/Greasy Ridge area.. This group of Raiders was not the main body of around 1000, but a splinter group of approximately 41.  Tagg and Higgins were forced to act as guides to the Ohio River. On the way a Dr. Clarke of Greasy Ridge followed the group and was ambushed and killed by the Raiders. He is believed to be the only resident to die within Lawrence County as the result of enemy action during the Civil War. The hostages were released. Later the 33 of the 41 were captured as they neared the river. Eight attempted to escape by swimming and two of those drowned.

Harriet Parrott  Joseph McDougal's daughter

photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013

Looking at the east wall

Jones House Photo from the Historic American Buildings Survey, Library of Congress.

Photo by E.F. Schrand and A.R. Arend, November 27, 1936

Some great educators from 1966 at Jasper.

Sgt. Cutler missing in action 12 Apr 1945 Republican Herald

 Feb 9, 1950 The Republican Herald

Cole's Furniture Jasper

photo by Tyrone Hemry 26 July 2012

Canal Boat at wharf at Cutler's Store Jasper, Ohio about 1900

A 1916 picture of Joseph Newton and his mules, Jim and Jack. They were familiar sights to Jasper residents as they made daily trips between the village of Piketon and Jasper for Dewey's store. Ties from the Dewey Enterprises were delivered to the N&W Railroad yard in Piketon and goods from the Piketon Depot were brought back to the Jasper store.

The picture is taken on the Ohio and Erie canal towpath across from the original Dewey store that burned in 1921. Joseph worked for 31 years for the Dewey's using the mules and wagon until 1919 when he switched to driving a Model T Ford truck for the trips.

 

Bridge over Scioto River at Jasper about 1900 and was washed out in 1913 

Looking west on Rt. 124. After the Scioto river receded from the 1913 flood.  The Jasper store keeps emptied their wares into the streets to dry out. Note the post office turned over on its side an had floated accros the road.  Jasper Methodist church sit on the hill behind the last house on the right.

Grave site of Joseph McDougal at Jasper United Methodist Church Cemetery. Joseph was an active community leader, a devoted Christian, Sunday School Superintendent, and deacon of the Methodist Church and a schoolmaster.

Photo owned by Lucasville Historical Society

Joseph McDougal was born 7 Dec 1832 in Vinton Co., OH, and died by Morgan's Raiders 16 Jul 1863 in Pike Co., OH. He was the son of  Richard McDougal and Mary Atherton. He was married to Elizabeth and had five children.

photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013
Looking at the back wall 

 photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013

Jasper Blue Skins Annex Another Victory


     Last Sunday for the third time, the Jasper ball team defeated the Beaver team on Beaver’s own ground.  In six games played with Beaver, Jasper won four, lost

one 15-inning battle, 4 to 3, and tied one game, 7 to 7.

Gillenwater, Beaver’s star twirler, was on the mound for them, while Rube Scott did the twirling for Jasper.

     Rube only walked one man and had the Beaver batters under his thumbs, practically all through the game, Parcell being more able than any of the rest, to connect with his delivery.

       Jim Lucas starred with four hits in four trips to the plate, two of them clean two-baggers. Scott, with three hits, and Swiger, McGowan, John Lucas and Parrel, two hits each.

     The Jasper outfield played a great game of ball. Mr. McGowan and Jim Swiger each making a great catch and throw in from outfield. John Lucas was ranging all over the field, wadding through water nearly knee deep, pulling down flies that were ticked for safe hits.

                               Following is summary of Jasper’s games this season:

with Waverly, won 3 lost 1

with Beaver, won 4, lost 1, tied 1

with Jackson, won 1 lost 1

with Ladd, won 2 lost 1

November 6, 1919 Waverly Watchman

A Sworn Affidavit of Notice of Intent Court Clerk - Hallam Hempstead
Witnesses to Intent - Thomas McLellen and Robert Montgomery

Pike County SS
Thomas McLellen being sworn in open Court saith that some two weeks ago he read(?) a notice of Lawrence Smith at Wm Parkes in Sunfish Township advertising his intention to apply at the present Term of this Court for a tavern license in the town of Jasper. He also saith that he has seen another like notice at Samuel Parker's in the Town of Jasper And for this he saith (????)Sworn to & Subscribed in Open Court June 16th 1830 H Hempstead Clk Thos McLellen [signature]

Note about Hallam Hempstead:  He was born in 1796 in New London CT and migrated to Ohio apparently at least as early as 1808 (Washington, Co.). He served as Pike Co. Treasurer (listed as such in the 1850 Census), Clerk of the Common Pleas Court, and in other offices. Died in 1869.
1832 Petition for Lawrence Smith to operate a public house of entertainment (a Tavern) in Jasper With 22 Signatures of Local Men.

To the Honorable the Judges of the Court of Common Pleas of Pike County The Petitions of the undersigned freeholders of Sunfish Township, humbly represent to your Honors, that we conceive a public house of entertainment in the Town of Jasper in the County aforesaid, would conduce to the public convenience. We therefore recommend Lawrence Smith, one of our citizens, as a man of good character, and well calculated to accommodate the public. We therefore, pray your Honors would grant him a license for the purpose, and your petitioners, as in duty bound will we pray. June 11th 1830

Petitioners Names: Robert Montgomery, John Ingersill, Peter Wells, Jacob Brewer, R. B. Bell, James C. Anderson, G Sam (?) Lawson, William Henry, Joseph Lee, John Darkes (Nankes?), George Wylie (?), Jonas (?)M. Anderson, Frederick Stokes, William Mustard Senior, Aron Carter, George Mustard, Joseph Smith, Enoch O'Briant, John  Shanks, John Sloane, Samuel Parker

 Ohio & Erie Canal Bed looking South

photo by Tyrone Hemry 24 November 2010

After the 1913 flood waters had gone down some, these three people navigated their way through Jasper.  picture from Mrs. Margaret C. (Mock) Brown

This store sat along the canal at Jasper. Originally Cutler's then Truesdells and Dewey's at time of the March 1913 Flood. Pictured they are taking things out of the store to dry off after the flood.
Woman Is Postmaster

Rescinding the previous appointment of N. W. Cutler, as postmaster at Jasper, Pike County, Ohio, the post office department has appointed Mrs. Grace Cutler to the post. On recommendation of Congress Mell W. Underwood of New Lexington. A Hulse Hayes has been appointed postmaster at Circleville and Fred C. Smith as postmaster at Bainbridge.

November 16, 1933 Republican Herald  

photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013

Looking at the front North west corner

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Inside Dawson's store Jasper, Dec. 1959, Clarabell Williams, Edith Williams, Mary and Arthur Dawson.  David Pinkerton collection

March 1945 flood in Jasper
Linda Phillips photo

March 1945 flood in Jasper

Linda Phillips photo

The 1913 flood in Jasper started on Tuesday March 25 and by evening people were out with lanterns checking on the river and getting their goods up on scaffolds or the second floor.  River continued to rise rapidly all morning with many leaving their homes and heading to the Methodist church and some went to the Vulgamores, a higher spot in Jasper.  March 27 was snowing and quite cold with the water dropping slowing. March 28 the water still dropping slowly with water still in many homes.  Water was out of most home by Saturday the 29.  

Brady's station at Jasper after the pumps were taken out.  It has since been removed.  In the 1970 I remember some story about Pete Rose breaking down on Rt. 32 and coming there for help.  Maybe someone can file in the story.

Looking up the hill at Jasper United Methodist Church

photo by Tyrone Hemry March 8, 2014


As best as can be told the church started in 1850 and was built around 1852.  A centennial Celebration was held in 1950.  When first built here was a membership of 90.  During the 1913 flood many people retreaded to safety in the church.  Several times the church closed because of a lack of attendance.  One time it was for three years.  The church closed for good in 1968 with only 12 or 15 people attending the church so they couldn't keep the church going financially.

photo by Tyrone Hemry March 8, 2014
11 May 1950The Republican Herald

Jasper School on Long Fork Road.  In the 1970's it was Kenny Hales Feed and Grain and you could take your walnuts there to sell them. Building is now gone.

Ohio & Erie Canal Bed looking north

photo by Tyrone Hemry 24 November 2010 

Answers Final Summons

George R. Cutler, Well Known Jasper Citizen, Died at His Home Yesterday

Death, Wednesday morning at nine o’clock, claimed one of Pike County’s well known and respected citizens when the final summons came to George R. Cutler, at his home in Jasper. Mr. Cutler, who was 67 years of age, had been ailing for several years with lung trouble. He had been seriously ill about four weeks, his illness keeping him confined to his home and bed about this length of time.

Mr. Cutler was associated in business with his father, S. N. Cutler, as S. N. Cutler and Son, a general store business being conducted at Jasper for some years. In 1908, the business was sold to the Dewey interests, the business being purchased from the Cutler heirs. Since the transfer of the business to the Dewey's, Mr. Cutler has followed the life of a retired citizen.

Surviving are the widow, Mrs. Lillian Cutler, and the following children: Newell Cutler of Jasper; Mrs. Dow Vulgamore, of Riverdale; Miss Nora Cutler, at home Mrs. Lester N. Shy, of Portsmouth; Mrs. Lloyd Brown, of Jasper; Mrs. Stacy Brown, of Toledo, and Harry Cutler, at home. The wife was not at home at the of the final summons, as she has been in Toledo, where she is caring for a grandchild.

Mrs. Mabel Willson, of Jasper; Mrs. Bert chestnut and Misses Grace  and Phila Cutler, of Columbus, are half-sisters of Mr. Cutler

Funeral services will be held Friday with burial in Mound Cemetery at Piketon.

January 10, 1924 Republican Herald

During Civil War Morgan's raiders came through Jasper July 16, 1863

The rebels burned a steam mill owned by Charles Miller located between the canal and the Scioto River including all the Mill tools and the stacked lumber; stole his corn and provisions, burnt his canal boat and tried to burn the bridge he had built over the canal. A group of raiders entered Andrew Kilgore's store and took or destroyed $5,400 worth of goods. William F. Truesdell's store took a hit for a loss of $3,300 inside; plus his stable and out buildings were burned. Samuel Cutler operator of the third store in town lost $200 in clothes and provisions and the barn he rented was burned, destroying his buggy. Jonathan Gray had a new canal boat still sitting on its stocks. He had outfitted it with tools and provisions and was preparing to put it in service. It was quickly engulfed in flames. C. W. Marquis and Co. suffered damage to two steam engines and other machinery when the shed covering them was burned. Other residents had horses and valuables taken including Mrs. Joseph McDougal, now a widow, had her horse taken. All this took place in about an hour.

At 3 p.m. on the 16th, the rebel horde crossed the Scioto River bridge and then burned it, to delay anyone who may wanted to follow them. The column of smoke at Jasper gave folks the grim warning that Morgan was back in the Ohio Valley.

Jasper, Ohio pictures and information  Zip code 45642

 

High Water Waverly Watchman 15 July 1945 

The little building on the corner use to be Brady's Sohio gas station

photo by Tyrone Hemry March 8, 2014

"On July 16, 1863 at 8:15 a.m. they entered Poplar Grove riding down Chenoweth Fork Road, crossing the bridge over Chenoweth Fork Creek.  The Raiders were lined for several miles, as they brought wagons and buggies carrying their sick and wounded and their canons.  They ordered Mrs. Kendall to start baking bread.  They were so hungry that the bread was snatched out of the hot oven and they began eating the half-baked bread.

A few of the raiders stopped at the Lewis Beekman property and when they left, Mr. Beekman was without a horse and 20 pounds of honey.  They burned the 12 foot long wooden bridge across Sunfish Creek and what the Raiders didn't eat , they destroyed." excerpted from Phyllis Kirkendall as written in the Pike County Messenger

"Near Jasper, Morgan had his telegrapher, "Lightning" Ellsworth, tap the wires between Piketon and Chillicothe to listen to the news of the Morgan raid. After he had learned what Morgan wanted to know, he sent several well planned, deceptive messages to confuse the Ohio operators.

Despite this, a crew of axemen laid a huge barricade of timber across the road to Jasper. It took Morgan six hours to get past this defended obstacle. He made prisoners of the culprits who had caused this delay, and marched them on the double quick to Jasper in Pike County.

Among the prisoners was a young school teacher named Joseph McDougal who had seriously offended Captain Mitchell of Morgan's staff. The prisoners were lined up and paroled, excepting for McDougal. He was set adrift in a canoe in the Scioto river nearby, then promptly shot by rebel marksmen. The canoe drifted along down the river, with the bloody corpse of McDougal as a warning to those who planned to resist the raiders.

The rebels burned a steam mill owned by Charles Miller located between the canal and the Scioto River including all the Mill tools and the stacked lumber; stole his corn and provisions, burnt his canal boat and tried to burn the bridge he had built over the canal. A group of raiders entered Andrew Kilgore's store and took or destroyed $5,400 worth of goods.  William F. Truesdell's store took a hit for a loss of $3,300 inside; plus his stable and out buildings were burned.  Samuel Cutler operator of the third store in town lost $200 in clothes and provisions and the barn he rented was burned, destroying his buggy.  Jonathan Gray had a new canal boat still sitting on its stocks.  He had outfitted it with tools and provisions and was preparing to put it in service.  It was quickly engulfed in flames.  C. W. Marquis and Co. suffered damage to two steam engines and other machinery when the shed covering them was burned. Other residents had horses and valuables taken including Mrs. Joseph McDougal, now a widow, had her horse taken.  All this took place in about an hour.

At 3 p.m. on the 16th, the rebel horde crossed the Scioto River bridge and then burned it, to delay anyone who may want to follow them. The column of smoke at Jasper gave folks the grim warning that Morgan was back in the Ohio Valley.

In Piketon, Morgan's boys did lots of damage, ate well and picked up several good horses and other souvenirs. Some of the local folks were critical of their behavior, and received bullets in exchange for their hasty remarks.

At Piketon, Morgan picked up a copy of the Jackson Standard which was neighboring Jackson County's leading Republican news-paper. An article he read in this paper was very uncomplimentary to him and his men. According to the writer, the raiders were bandits, horse thieves and murderers, the scum of the southland." excerpted from Morgan's Raid into Ohio

"Money was taken from the prisoner and Joseph only had ten cents.  He stated that was ten cents more than he wanted them to have.  He was asked to step out of line and was taken to another area and questioned.  Next two men placed Joseph into a boat and the two men were asked to aim and fire.  He was hit below the right eye and the other shot hit his chest". excerpted from Phyllis Kirkendall as written in the Pike County Messenger 

To add insult Mrs. McDougal had her horse stolen.

The guerrillas did considerable looting in Piketon and Jasper and are thought to have buried the heavier stolen items close to the scene of the crime. In addition, many of the townspeople and residents of the surrounding countryside had  cached their valuables during the chaos generated by the invasion and were unable to relocate them when the excitement died down.

After burning the bridge built by James Emmitt at Piketon the Raiders headed toward Beaver and on to Jackson County.

A foraging party moved into Waverly and stopped at Dellerts for food.  Some of the townswomen "pitched in" to help serve the men, and during the meal, one of the "Rebs" commented on the striking resemblance between Mrs. Dellert and one of his compatriots.  She, also noting the similarity, asked his name and that of his mother.  After a brief conversation, the two discovered they ere half-brother and sister.  Mrs. Dellert's mother had moved from Germany to the South and had remarried unbeknown to her daughter.  The Dellert house, located at the corner of Emmitt & Lock Street, was removed for expansion of Vallery Ford.

The number of Ohio militia called into service during the Morgan raid was roughly fifty thousand.  Pike Co. furnished 9 companies with a total of 782 men at a cost of $3,254.51.

photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013

Looking at the west wall

Jasper gets its name from Sergeant William Jasper, the famed Revolutionary hero, who was mortally wounded on October 9, 1779, in the ill-fated attack of the American and French forces on the British defenses around Savannah, GA. Three episodes in Sergeant Jasper's Revolutionary career made him famous: are at the ramparts of Fort Sullivan near Charleston where He, under heavy fire, bravely replaced the flag; the liberation of Patriot prisoners by Jasper and a companion at what is now called Jasper Spring near Savannah; and the dying hero’s last moments after the attack of October 9, 1779.

Jasper was laid out by Robert Lucas, a resident of Pike County and speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives and a future governor, about 3 years after the opening of the canal on lands he owned.

"In Jasper, the first house (Ingersoll) was built in 1822 and razed in 1881. This family operated a ferry here. A stone house (still standing and under restoration) was started in 1838 by Wesley Diltz and finished in 1854 by Mr. Truesdell and later occupied by Mr. and Mrs. S.N. Cutler. Truesdells and Cutler operated stores. Their original store and bark shed was built along the canal in 1872. Later sold to the Dewey family and burned in 1920.

On Nov. 7, 1853, S.N. came to Jasper and brought the store and stock of the Reed Brothers. He had sold his farm and equipment to be with his youngest sister, Ann Cutler, who had married John Hadley, who had been Rusina Hadley’s brother. They live at that time at the Washington Hotel which had 12 rooms. I’m told that Jasper had more than one hotel and was a bustling community larger than Piketon. Note: This was the time of the canal and before Piketon had the railroad which came in Dec. 1877.

The Washington Hotel later became the residence of John Robert and Ruth Hill-Vulgamore for many years."  Jim Henry

John Hunt Morgan

Old stone Samuel Cutler house at Jasper 
He made his fortune on buying and selling and shipping on the canal.
photo by Tyrone Hemry Oct 2011
National Register of Historic Places (#76001509) (from April 26, 1976)

Historical plaque across the road from the Jasper U M Church

photo by Tyrone Hemry March 8, 2014

The cemetery that Joseph McDougal is buried in is behind the Jasper United Methodist Church

photo by Tyrone Hemry

photo by Tyrone Hemry 4 December 2013
Looking at the north east corner of the front wall